The sun is finally shining – Yay! Does this mean summer is actually around the corner? Let’s hope so we deserve it …
Despite it being our first week of some summer sunshine I’m finding it hard to get out of the wintry hearty meals mindset, which isn’t something new as I struggle with this every year if I’m completely honest. Don’t get me wrong I love a fresh and quirky restaurant seasonal salad but to make it myself at home just doesn’t seem practical. There are so many ingredients I’d need to stock up on and it’s kind of a massive effort!
This hybrid dish is a bit of an in-between not quite summer but not quite winter either, and the best part zero effort! Chicken is my staple go to and despite many people arguing it’s boring I completely disagree, chicken is versatile and a base for so many flavours and variations. I’ve also started cooking with coconut oil recently and whilst still exploring it’s qualities I’m generally substituting it for olive oil. Serve this refreshing and sweet chicken with salad or sweet potato and veg.
Ingredients – serves 2
250g chicken breasts
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
Salt and Pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Put your chicken breasts into a dish and add your coconut oil
- Grate the zest of lemon and squeeze the juice onto the chicken, lemon segments can be cooked along with chicken or discarded
- Pour honey and mustard over chicken and salt and pepper to season
- Place chicken in the oven for 5 minutes, remove and stir to combine all ingredients and once coconut oil has melted
- Return dish to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Serve and enjoy – see I told you it was easy!